I’m so glad the sun was out today for our afternoon of doctor appointments and errand running! I could have done without the cold wind, but I’ll take what I can get. Besides, today was a good day.
Today we had a little sit-down with Dr. B and he offered us two next steps in our baby journey.
Option one is for super-ovulation and timed intercourse. In which I’d take all the necessary meds to up my egg production. I’d be monitored closely, then be given a hormone to make my body release the egg at the optimal time, and finally be sent home to do the rest the old fashioned way.
Option two is for all of that meds and monitoring stuff but instead of ‘the old fashioned way’ we’d have insemination for those two peak days. Which means we’d make sure those little swimmers do not pass go and do not collect two hundred dollars.
We could go with option one for a couple cycles then switch to option two for a couple more. And, I’ll tell you honestly the hubs was up for Option one.
But… I’m of the mind that (I’ll even use one of Dr. B’s metaphors, he’s a fan of them when he explains all the things.) if we’re in for a nickel we might as well be in for a dime. Dr. B is pretty great about laying out all our options, giving us pros and cons, and not swaying the conversation. He wants us to do what we feel good about doing –all of us. He’s for good medical choices and good couple choices. Lucky me, when I told my guy let’s just go for it, he was all in.
And there’s the romance of baby making. It’s in the signing of consent forms. It’s in the filling out of schedules. It’s in the knowing that in six days I have an ultrasound to see if my next cycle will be our first IUI.
Yeah, I’m nervous as heck, y’all!
Here’s the next link in our prayer chain:
a clear ultrasound.
Every month we ladies have the opportunity to develop a cyst in the ovary that just released an egg. My dumbed-down explanation is that the egg leaves a little hole that fills up with fluid after it is released. Most times that little fluid pocket re-absorbs and all is well. Sometimes it doesn’t and it causes a cyst. Most times your body deals with the cyst itself over the course of the next month. Sometimes it doesn’t and the doctors need to intervene.
There’s a whole lot of ‘if this, then that’ in our lives right now. It sure stresses me out! So, if you’re a pray-er we’d be blessed for you to add that little test to your list.
In other news; I’ve been having some chronic hip/lower back pain since December. I’ve seen a chiropractor to try and get relief and it’s not really fixing the issue. I have another doctor’s appointment later this week to see if maybe I need something more invasive. I could use some prayers surrounding that as well. Being in pain sucks. There’s just no nice way to say it. And, hello stupid back! I need you strong enough to carry a baby, yo. Get it together!
Ok, sweet readers, that’s my baby making update. Maybe I’ll find something interesting to talk about over the next week while we wait for the next thing. Feel free to chat back and join the conversation below, it’s a little one-sided up in here. 🙂